Will update recipe soon!
I’ve made tofu “fish” tacos in the past but this is the first time I actually came across a Mexican Restaurant that sold tofu burritos. I’ve only had french fries in my burritos so this was a first. I’d have to say, it was actually pretty tasty. The tofu was sauteed in an onion and tomato sauce. The beans and rice were vegan friendly. Yummmmers.
here’s one of my quick and dirty trader joe’s recipes. so easy you’ll want to add this to your busy week night dinners
trader joes vegan refried beans
whole wheat flour tortilla
trader joes guacamole hummus
taco seasoning, 2-3 tsps ( i eyeball it. I basically just use enough to season the beans)
shredded vegan cheese
water 2-3 tbs
canola oil to fry tortilla
1) cook refried beans on medium heat. add water and taco season to mix. constantly stir until beans are heated through.
2) in another pan, heat oil on medium high heat. when oil is ready, fry up tortilla. it will only take a minute or less to cook each side.
3) on the tostada, add the beans, salsa, lettuce and shredded cheese. enjoy.
2 oz of tempeh
2-3 cups of spinach
1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes
1/4 of a medium onion, sliced
1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 portobello mushroom, sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green onion, chopped
1/2 package of fajita seasoning
1/4 cup of water
chopped cilantro and serrano peppers, to your tasting
whole wheat tortillas
2 tsp of olive oil
1) heat olive oil in pan on medium heat.
2) saute onions, tomatoes, and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
3) add tempeh, water, and seasoning. cover and simmer on medium low for 3 minutes. constantly stir.
4) add the mushrooms and bell peppers. cover and cook for 3 minutes.
5) add spniach. cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. lastly, add the green onions, serrano peppers, and cilantro.
6) wrap in a tortilla and garnish with fresh guacamole. see posting for guacamole recipe. enjoy!