>for the past couple of weeks i’ve been studying for the art cset and have gone back to my college ways of eating!!! with not enough time to cook during the week i’ve been dining out like it’s nobody’s business!!! not only do i feel like i’ve gained a hundred pounds but i’ve been neglecting home cooked meals and updating my blog.
i just got back from the bahamas last week and it’s time to get back in the kitchen!!!
>here’s to the new year!! as 2010 is just a day away, many of us are contemplating on new year’s resolutions that we’ll actually stick to. the last time i remember actually sticking to my resolutions was 8 years ago. what helped me (it was actually my brothers suggestion) was writing down my resolutions and coming back to them at the end of the year to see if i actually stuck to them. so here i am, deciding on my resolutions and blogging them down. hopefully by the end of the year i accomplish all of my resolutions.
1) plan out my meals for the week and only buy the vegetables/fruits that i am going to use. i found myself always going to trader joe’s eye hungry and would just buy everything insight. so much veges gone to waste.
2) buy 80%-90% organic foods. i’ve been trying to buy mostly organic foods but i haven’t been very consistent with it.
3) grow a small vegetable garden on my balcony. i think i want to start off with tomatoes and herbs.
4) cut down to 1 cup of coffee per day and drink more tea.
5) eat breakfast everyday!!! i tend to skip breakfast in the mornings because i’m not that hungry. i really need to change this habit.