Today for lunch, I decided to whip together an fast and easy creamy pasta dish.
To make the cream sauce, I used a half a block of soft tofu and blended it with soy milk, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. I sauteed vegan chicken in olive oil and garlic on medium high heat. I added asparagus, mushrooms, onions and seasoned it with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes and cooked for 3 minutes. I added cooked whole wheat noodles and let that cook together for about 5 minutes. I then added the creamy tofu mixture and tossed the noodles, veges, and chicken together. I let that cook all together for about 3 minutes. This was my first time cooking this dish and it turned out pretty good!
2 cups of penne whole wheat pasta, cook as directed
french green beans, halved and steamed
1 potato, boil in water then cubed when fully cooked
red pepper, salt and pepper to taste
*toss all of these ingredients together and chill in fridge while preparing sauce.**
1-2cups of basil
3 large cloves garlic
6 tbsp raw pine nuts
3/4 – 1 tsp salt, or to taste
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
vegan parmesan cheese 1/4-1/2 cup
1) blend all pesto sauce ingredients together.
2) mix sauce with potatoes, green beans and pasta.
my mom used to cook a delicious beef stroganoff when i was growing up. this recipe is a mixture of my mom’s recipe with a twist of my own added ingredients.
*trader joes beefless strips, cut into smaller pieces
* 12 oz tofutti sour cream
*1/2 medium onion, sliced
*4-5 cloves of garlic, chopped
* cremni mushrooms, sliced
*1 vegetable buillon, chopped
*2 tbs of canola oil
*2 tbs of vegan butter
* red pepper flakes
*1/4 cup sherry
* 1 tsp soy sauce
* pasta noodles, cooked
1) in a large pan, heat canola oil and butter on medium high heat.
2) saute onions for 3 minutes and then add the garlic. cook for another 2 minutes.
3) add “beef” and chopped buillon and sherry. cook for 7-9 minutes. when “beef” is cooked, stir in soy sauce.
4) season with salt, pepper, and red pepper to taste.
5) add pasta noodles and mix well. then add sour cream and mix until all the noodles are covered evenly. cook for another 2-3 minutes. enjoy!