Field Roast Sausages are the BEST!!!! I first had them last Thanksgiving when a friend of mine made a vegan dish for me with this sausage and quinoa.
For this dish, all I did was saute onions and garlic. Then I added bell peppers, asparagus, tomatoes, and jalapenos. YUM.
Today’s my first day of spring break and I kicked off the week with a hearty breakfast. For this dish, I just put together what I had in my fridge and popped it in the oven. There are potatoes, spinach, mushrooms, onions, cherry tomatoes, crumbled tofu, salt, pepper, and a touch of olive oil. I mixed it all together and baked the dish at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. When the dish was done, I mixed in fresh cubed avocado.
i was inspired to make these today from a dish i tried a couple of weeks ago in palm springs. when i was having brunch with my friends, i ordered a cheese frittata. i tried to eat the dish but since i have not eaten eggs in forever, my stomach could not hold the food down.
frittatas are a spanish/italian dish that is made with egg and is similar to quiche and omelletes. they are usually filled with cheeses, meats and vegatables.
today for brunch, i decided to whip up my take on a vegan frittata. although i wanted to make a light and healthy meal, this dish ended up to be extremely rich and fulfilling. i thought a great way to serve this was making individual portions so i baked them in muffin pans.
1 potato, cut into small cubes
5-6 slices of vegan bacon, cut into ity bitty bacon bits
1/2 cup of chopped green, yellow and red bell peppers
1 bunch of spinach, chopped
1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
1/4 onion, chopped
2-3 tbs olive oil
your favorite all purpose seasoning
salt, pepper and red pepper to taste
2 tbs lemon juice
firm tofu, blended (you may need to add 2-3 tbs of soy milk to get a creamy texture)
1/4-1/2 cup of panko breading
vegan shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese **for topping**
1) preheat oven to 350 and coat muffin pans with non-stick spray.
2) mix all the ingredients together except for the cheese, panko breading, tofu and the non-stick spray of course! and let ingredients sit and marinate for about 10mins.
3) heat a large pan on medium heat. saute mixture and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
4) transfer cooked mixture into a large bowl. add tofu mixture and mix until everything is covered. then add panko breading. the panko breading is just used to bind the mixture together.
5) spoon in mixture into muffin pans and top with shredded cheese.
6) bake for 25-30 minutes.
7) top with louisana hot sauce and enjoy!
yes sirrrr!!! vegan bacon! fixed myself a tofu and vegan chees whole wheat muffin with morning star’s vegan bacon for breakfast today. y’ll need to try it! tastes like the real thing!
for an academy meeting last week, i decided to make some some pancakes. since i was short on time, i thought that the perfect way to pop pancakes out fast was to turn them into cupcakes. all i did was prepare a vegan pancake mix (use your own or from the box!), coat a 12- cupcake pan with non-stick spray, bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees, and garnish with confectioners sugar. serve with maple syrup or try my banana topping!
i served these pancake muffins with a banana topping. sorry i forgot to take a picture of the finished product will be sure to take a picture when i bake these up again!
banana topping recipe
one banana sliced
4 tbs of brown sugar
4 tbs of vegan butter
1) melt butter on medium heat.
2) when butter is melted, add brown sugar and cool until caramalized.
3) add bananas and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4) top with cinnamon
i took a simple egg dish that my dad used to cook me for breakfast and veganized it. it’s an easy recipe to make!
8oz of firm tofu
2 green onions, sliced
handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1) heat olive oil on medium heat and saute tomatoes and garlic for about 3-4 minutes.
2) add green onions and crumble in tofu into pan. add salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 5 minutes in order for tofu to soak up all the flavors. be sure to mix tofu while cooking to prevent it from burning. enjoy!
** i served the dish on a fresh bed of spinach and a side of whole wheat toast with vegan butter.**
if you don’t want to waste those over ripened bananas…turn them into banana muffins!
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup vegetable Oil (i used applesauce)
Ener-G equivalent of 2 or 3 Eggs
1/3 cup soy-buttermilk (add 1/3 teaspoon vinegar)
1 1/3 cup walnuts
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Mix flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Mix bananas, oil (or applesauce), and buttermilk in another mixing bowl.
Combine the banana mixture with the large bowl containing dry ingredients, and stir well. Add the Ener-G Egg Replacer in now, and stir.
For muffins: line muffin pan with liners, scoop about 1/2 full, and bake for about 30 mins, or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
recipe adapted from:
for sunday brunch i whipped together my vegan version of corn beef hash. instead of using corn beef, i used tempeh, which is made out of soybeans that are packed together into a retangular cake. tempeh is rich in nutrients and has a high source of protein and calcium.
2 medium sized potatoes, cubed
4 oz of tempeh
2 tbs of soy sauce
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
1/2 medium onion, chopped
6 stalks of asparagus, cut into 1/4
4 cloves of minced garlic
3 tbs of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1) in a bowl, crumble tempeh and add soy sauce. mix well and let marinate for 5 minutes.
2) heat olive oil on medium heat. saute onions then add tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes. add garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper to taste. continue sauteing for another minute.
3) add potatoes. cover and cook for 10 minutes.
4) add tempeh and asparagus and cook for about 5-8 minutes.