**recipe will be posted soon! i’m off to bed!**
thanks for the picture deb!
i’ve never been a fan of artichokes until last year and for that reason, i’ve never attempted to cook the vegetable unless it came from a can. artichokes can be intimidating to work with because of the way they look.
for dinner, i decided to grill up some artichokes. i was inspired by luna park restaurant in the city. their grilled artichokes were the bomb!
artichoke marinade ingredients:
* garlic salt
* garlic powder
*red pepper flakes
* 1/4 cup-1/2 cup white vinegar
*1/2 cup-1cup soy sauce
*1/4 cup olive oil
vegan lemon ailoli sauce
*1 cup of veganiaise mayonnaise
* 3 tsp lemon juice
* 1tsp olive oil
* 4-5 minced garlic cloves
* salt and pepper to taste
** mix all ingredients to make sauce**
1) steam artichokes for 30-45 minutes. how to prepare an artichoke:
2) while steaming the artichokes, prepare marinade in a shallow dish.
3) after artichokes are steamed, cut them in half and marinate artichokes for 2-3 hours.
4) heat grill on medium high. grill artichokes cut side up for ten minutes then flip artichokes over and grill for five minutes.
my favorite part… peel leaves off and dip into aioli sauce and scrape of the meat with your teeth! enjoy!