I LOVE THAI FOOD!!! A majority of the Thai Restaurants that I’ve been to have vegetarian options and are more than happy to even veganize the dish for you. I ALWAYS order Pad See Ew, which is stir-fried rice noodles with broccoli, tofu, and carrots in a black bean sauce and Larb Tofu salad which consists of fresh Tofu, red and green onion, cilantro, mint, and toasted rice citrus vinaigrette served over mixed green salad. If you’re ever in the area, visit Bankok Thai Cuisine. I highly recommend this place! www.bangkokcuisinefremont.com
Fried rice Ingredients:
4-5 cloves of minced garlic
3-4 cups of rice
1/4 white onion, cube (optional)
Sliced green onions (optional)
1 tbs of oil
salt to taste
1) In a large pan, heat oil on medium heat.
2) Saute onions and garlic until garlic is a toasted brown color.
3) Add rice and cook for 10 minutes. Add green onions if you like and salt to taste.
Hoisin Tofu Ingredients:
8 oz of tofu, sliced into squares.
2tbs of hoisin sauce
1 tbs oil
1) Marinate tofu in hoisin sauce for 10-15 minutes.
2) In a small pan, heat oil on medium heat.
3) Cook tofu on each side until you get a nice crisp, about 3 minutes on each side.
4) When tofu is cooked, cut tofu into smaller cubes. Add to the fried rice last.
I put together this meal today with what I already had in my fridge. I’m calling it a tofu stew because it sure looks like stew!! Haha.
1 potato, cubed
1/2 cup of sliced onions
2 cloves of minced garlic
8 ounces of tofu, cubed
French Green Beans
1 carrot, sliced
1 cup of vegetable broth
1/2 cup of mushrooms
1/2 cup of water
2 tbs of olive oil
3 tbs of Balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1) In a large pan, heat oil in on medium heat.
2) Saute onions until translucent.
3) Add balsamic vinegar, tofu, carrots, potatoes, broth, and water. Cover and cook on medium low heat until potatoes are cooked.
4) Lastly, add mushrooms and green beans and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
“If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian.”
This is a must see documentary whether you are Vegan or not. The way we view and treat animals in our society must change!