one of my favorite thai dishes that i order at a local restaurant is a thai basil vegetable dish. rather than eating this with rice i decided to toss in some quinoa instead. i’m a big fan of this nutirent filled grain! here’s my vegan take on one of my favorite thai dishes.
1 tomato, sliced
1/4 cup of yellow onions, sliced
1/4 cup chopped basil
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup of broccoli
1 cup of shredded cabbage
1/2 cup of sliced carrots
1/2 cup snow peas
1/4- 1/2 cup cashews
1/2-1 cup of bean sprouts
1-2 tbs sweet chili sauce
1-2 tbs vegetarian stir fry sauce
serrano pepper chopped (optional)
2-3 tbs of water
1-2 cups of cooked quinoa
1) on medium heat peanut oil in a large pan.
2) saute onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
3) add cashew and cook for 2 minutes.
4) add mushrooms, peas, broccoli, carrots and cabbage. add water and stir fry for 2 minutes.
5) add tomatoes, basil, pepper, chili sauce and vegetarian stir fry and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6) turn stove off and toss in cooked quinoa.
7) serve dish with a side of bean sprouts. mix bean sprouts together while piping hot on your own plate. enjoy!