2 lemons, juiced
4 cups of vegetable broth
2 cubes of vegetable bouillon optional (i used it in this recipe to add more flavor)
5 oz of diced carrots
5 oz of diced celery
5 oz of diced onions
** i just bought the mirepoix mixture at trader joe’s and used it for this recipe… it’s a quick and easy soup starter**
5 cloves of minced garlic
4 tbs olive oil
1 1/2- 2cups of cooked lentils
1 large potato, pealed and diced
salt and pepper
red pepper flakes
hot sauce (i used sriracha)
cilantro for garnish (you can also use parsley, basil, etc.)
1) heat olive oil in a large pot, on medium high heat
2) saute carrots, onions, and celery for 6-8 minutes
3) stir in diced potatoes and garlic. cook for about 5 minutes.
4) add broth (at this time, you can add the vegetable bouillon) and stir occasionally. cook until the potatoes are close to tender
4) add lentils and lemon juice. cook for 5 minutes. at this time, season with salt, pepper, paprika, and red pepper flakes.
5) transfer soup into a food processor or blender and puree soup.
6) transfer puree back to pot and simmer on low for another 5 minutes.
7) ladle into a bowl. garnish with cilantro, olive oil, paprika, and lemon slices.
** soup goes well with garlic bread**