whenever i’m short on time, my go to meals are italian. why? quick and easy. for dinner tonight, i decided to create a dish using some pre-made polenta that i bought from trader joe’s. i baked the polenta, topped it off with a simple pomodoro sauce, vegan mozzarella, and sauteed spinach. it turned out pretty tasty.
9-18 oz of store bought polenta or you can easily make your own
12 oz can of diced tomatoes
1/4 diced onions
3-4 cloves of minced garlic
handful of spinach
1/4-1/2 cup of shredded vegan mozzarella
salt and pepper
red pepper flakes
1) pre-heat oven to 400
2) in a medium pot, heat 2tbs of olive oil on medium low heat. when the olive oil is hot, add onions and cook until they are translucent. stir in garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
3) add the can of diced tomatoes, salt, and pepper. cover and simmer on low.
4) in a separate pan, heat 1tsp of olive oil. add spinach when oil is ready. add red pepper and cook until spinach is wilted. set aside.
5) slice polenta into 1/4 inch and place on a baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. place in the oven and bake for about 10- 15 minutes.
6) take the polenta slices out of the oven and add a 1/2 tsp of the pomodoro sauce on top of the sliced polentas. next, add a pinch of shredded mozzarella and spinach on top of the pomodoro sauce. lastly, garnish each of them with the remaining shredded mozzarella.
7) change tempreture to broil setting, and broil polenta bruchettas for 2 minutes.
** with the remainder of the sauce you can make more polenta spinach bruchettas or have a side of pasta with the bruchettas.**